Based in the Kansai region of Japan, BlueSky has been providing high-quality English proofreading, editing, and translation services to university professors, researchers, graduate students, and professionals since 2009. We cover all disciplines, and strive to provide prompt and personalized service to support our customers’ academic and professional success.
We help our customers with…
- research papers
- book manuscripts
- conference and grant proposals
- masters theses and doctoral dissertations
- resumes and cover letters
Our editing service includes:
- Copyediting—correcting spelling errors and typos, grammatical mistakes, punctuation, and word usage
- Text editing—rewriting or rephrasing awkward or unclear sentences
- Basic fact-checking
- If requested, we also do formatting and help with revisions, including responding to reviewer comments.
BlueSky also does Japanese-to-English and English-to-Japanese translation.
For all projects, we charge ¥4,000 per hour (tax included), or US$40 per hour for overseas customers. Payment may be made from a grant or university research account, by direct bank transfer, or by PayPal.
To request a free, no-obligation cost estimate, please contact BlueSky.
Some of the topic areas in which BlueSky has edited research papers, articles, or books:
- anti-colonialism in Asia
- business strategy
- democratization in Turkey
- gambling addiction
- German childcare policy
- glass sculpture and abstract animation
- globalization and inequality in the Philippines
- human resource management
- international labor standards
- Japanese Americans in Hawaii
- language education
- medical prescription safety
- organizational culture and leadership
- synesthetic sound iconicity
BlueSky has provided editing or translation services to customers from these organizations:
- Boğaziçi University
- Charles Darwin University
- Doshisha University
- Fosterlink, Inc.
- Hannan University
- Hiroshima University
- Kanazawa University
- Kobe University
- Konan University
- 薬のチェック (The Informed Prescriber)
- Kyoto University
- KYOTOGRAPHIE International Photography Festival
- Okayama University
- Otani University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Smartvalue Co., Ltd.
- SOAS, University of London
- Tokyo University
- University for Peace
- University of Victoria
BlueSky founder and chief editor Tim Craig holds a Ph.D. in International Business and Business Strategy, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Biology, English, East Asian Studies, and International Management. He has 20 years’ teaching and research experience in top business schools in Canada and Japan, and an extensive publication record, including three books and numerous articles in academic and popular outlets. He speaks and reads Japanese fluently.